Sponsor Your Parents & grand Parents

Sponsor Your Parents & grand Parents

Sponsor your Parents/ Grand Parents
You may be able to sponsor your parents and grandparents to become a permanent resident if you’re at least 18 years old and a:

  • Canadian citizen or
  • person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or
  • permanent resident of Canada

If you sponsor your parents and grandparents to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you must:

  • support them financially (length of undertaking)
  • make sure they don’t need social assistance from the government
  • provide for your own essential needs and those of your parents and grandparents and their dependents.

The “length of undertaking” is the time period you’re financially responsible for the person you sponsor. It starts on the day the person you sponsor becomes a permanent resident
The length of undertaking depends on:

You are still financially responsible even if:

  • Your relationship with the person you sponsored changes (for example, divorce or separation).
  • The person you sponsored becomes a Canadian citizen.
  • Your financial situation gets worse (for example, job loss or debt).
  • You sent us a request to withdraw your sponsorship application and we received it after the person you sponsored has become a permanent resident.

Please Contact for more Info