Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Program
Federal Skilled Worker applications are assessed based on an applicant's ability to become economically established upon immigration to Canada.Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications are processed through the Express Entry immigration selection system for immigration to Canada. Eligible candidates under the Federal Skilled Worker Class must first make an expression of interest in immigrating to Canada by creating an online Express Entry profile.
- Skilled Work Experience
Skilled work experience means applicant must have worked in 1 of these National Occupational Classification (NOC) job groups:
- Managerial jobs (skill type 0)
- Professional jobs (skill level A)
- Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill level B)
Applicant must show that while working in their primary occupation they performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.
- Language ability
- take approved language tests in English or French for:
- get a minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in all 4 abilities
- enter the test results in your Express Entry profile
Foreign educated applicants, must have: