Get A Work Permit
Get a work permit
An individual will usually need a work permit to work in Canada, as a temporary worker, business person, or a student. In some cases, you can work without a permit. An individual can apply for a work permit from inside of Canada, outside of Canada or at the P.O.E.
General requirements to be eligible to apply for a work permit in Canada.
No matter where you apply, you must:
- prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires,
- show that you have enough money to take care of yourself and your family members during your stay in Canada and to return home,
- obey the law and have no record of criminal activity (we may ask you to give us a police clearance certificate)),
- not be a danger to Canada’s security,
- be in good health and have a medical exam, if needed,
- not plan to work for an employer listed with the status “ineligible” on the list of employers who failed to comply with the conditions,
- not plan to work for an employer who, on a regular basis, offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages, and
- give the officer any other documents they ask for to prove you can enter the country.
Global Skills Strategy applicants: You can only benefit two-week application processing if you apply from outside of Canada.
Please Contact for more info