Canada welcomes successful business people who are seeking new opportunities and challenges. The Self-Employed Persons Class is designed to encourage and facilitate the admission of these individuals. Both the federal and provincial/territorial governments welcome self-employed immigrants and offer services to help them settle in Canada.
- Self-employed persons (excluding those destined for Quebec)
Self-employed immigrants must have relevant experience within the five-year period immediately preceding the date of application.
- Relevant experience in respect of a self-employed person, means
- For at least two years in the period beginning five years before the date of application:
- Self-employment in cultural activities or athletics
- Participation, at the world-class level, in cultural activities or athletics
- No immigration conditions are imposed on this class.Self-employed immigrants must have the experience, intention and ability to:
- establish a business that will, at a minimum, create an employment opportunity for themselves and that will make a significant contribution to cultural activities or athletics in Canada.
For the selection criteria the applicant must first meet the definition of the self-employed persons class to be eligible for assessment against the selection criteria.
If you successfully meet the definition of the self-employed persons class you are applying under, you are then assessed against five selection factors:
• official languages,
• experience, and
For each selection factor, a specific number of selection points are allotted.
Note: The pass mark for all classes of business immigrants is 35.
Please Contact for more Info